Having a qualification can be useful online too in many ways. Making money as a tutor online is very much possible and it doesn’t take much from you to achieve this because its what you already know. From this type of job, you can earn a decent income that can help solve most of your needs.
Requirements needed to be an online tutor
- PC or Laptop: This is a necessity and the starting point before you begin your job
- High-Speed Internet: you are going to be dealing with videos either uploading or streaming, so its a must-have.
- WebCam: Most laptops already have it but make sure it’s in good condition.
How much you can earn as an online tutor
Everyone would like to know how much he or she can earn as an online tutor, it varies because it depends on your qualification, the subjects you are teaching, the number of students in your section, and the company you are working with. For example, college subjects it’s more costly than elementary or primary subjects.
Reasons why you should work as an online tutor
- You can work with more than one agency.
- It doesn’t take much of your time and you can control the time you want to be available for the lectures.
- You can work from anywhere
- You mustn’t have the best qualifications in the world to qualify
How it works
Most of the online tutor jobs are usually one on one with the student or sometimes it might be a group of students. The communication is done via the webcam, Skype, or by phone. The time is either scheduled by you or the student you are tutoring.
11 Websites That Pay You For Teaching Online
Tutor: This is a well-trusted part-time online teaching job. They cover from Libraries, U.S military training, higher education and cooperate partners. Here are the subjects they cover;
- Math: Algebra I, Algebra II, Pre-Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus and others,
- Science: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Earth Science and Anatomy & Physiology.
- English: Essay Writing, Literature, Proofreading.
- Social Studies
Some teachers are already earning over $800 with Tutor and you too can do that.
Buddy School: This is another quality website that provides such services. Their registration is free but activation of the tutor profile costs $10 annually. They already have over 32,000 tutors making them one of the best online tutor websites. Courses they offer also includes; Languages, Sciences, Arts and Crafts, Humanities and Business. They pay through Paypal.
TutorVista: We can’t go on with the lists without mentioning tutorvista, they offer both full time and part-time online tutoring jobs. The subjects they mostly offer are physics, chemistry, English, biology, and math. You can learn more about them by visiting their website.
TutorHub: This website is a UK based online tutor jobs company. They cover nearly all subjects and have nearly 11,000 students and only about 1,500 tutors, making it a land of opportunities for those who want to lecture students.
Skooli: Skooli is also a nice website with great opportunities. They offer services both for the students and their parents or guardian. Parents are able to choose the best tutor for their child which means you have to be highly qualified to earn their trust to lecture their child.
Others in the list are;